It’s been said time and time again that the screenplay is the most important part of a movie. After all, that’s where the story comes from. And it’s the narrative with all its elements that make people laugh, cry, fear, etc. Below you will find some basic, some advanced concepts about the art of telling stories:
Articles and Lessons:
- Intro to Screenwriting
- Conflict: Essential Element
- 3-Act Structure
- Character Arc
- Exposition & Backstory
- Main Character
Related Blog Posts:
- 5 Reasons the Three-Act Structure is Stifling Your Creativity and Killing Your Screenplay
- What’s the Difference Between a Screenplay Outline and a Treatment
- What’s the Difference Between a Logline, a Premise, and Synopsis
- Is Film School a Good Idea?
More lessons and articles coming soon! Want updates, then sign up for the Elements of Cinema newsletter or like our page on Facebook, or both!
If you wanna request a topic, drop us a comment below or send us an email.